Name: Selena Gomez
Date of birth: 22 July, 1992
From: Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Height: 5ft 5in
- She became interested in acting after watching her mom.
- Her father is of Mexican descent. Her mother, who was adopted, is of part Italian ancestry.
- Wears a purity ring that says “True Love Waits”.
- Used to do a YouTube show with best friend Demi Lovato called “The Demi and Selena Show”.
- Her first name means “moon” in Greek.
- Her mom gave birth to her at the age of 16.
- She went to Danny Jones Middle School located in Texas.
- Lead singer of the band Selena Gomez & The Scene.
- Her parents divorced when she was five years old.
- Was named the youngest ambassador to UNICEF at age 17 (2009).
- Involved with the charity Raise Hope for Congo which helps raise awareness about the violence against Congolese women.
- Participated in the “Runway for Life” benefit for St. Jude’s Children Research Hospial.
- For her 2011 music video “Love You Like A Love Song”, Gomez had horses spray-painted pink. This led to accusations from PETA and singer Pink about the treatment of the animals.
- In May 2012, she launched her self-titled fragrance “Selena Gomez by Selena Gomez”.
- Was in on-off relationship with Justin Bieber from December 2010 to January 2013.
- Has suffered from lupus and had chemotherapy to treat it.
- In 2017, she had a kidney transplant due to her lupus after Francia Raisa donated a kidney to her. During the transplant, Gomez broke an artery. An emergency surgery was conducted to build a new artery using a vein from her leg.
- Her favorite Disney movie is Alice in Wonderland (1951).
- She likes putting pickle juice on her popcorn.
- The first to reach 100 Million Instagram Followers.
- Was in a relationship with Canadian singer The Weeknd.
- She has a limited-edition collection of handbags called the “Selena Grace” that she designed in collaboration with luxury brand Coach.